Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

1 week to go!

• bklynhawk
  • bklynhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 7 months ago #27437 by bklynhawk
One week to go until the Lance Leipold era "officially" begins against South Dakota!

Here's a prediction for next week against South Dakota:
news.yahoo.com/kansas-vs-south-dakota-prediction-161921253.html

*Coaching Staff: You can check out a number of links in the prior post from HawkErrant about Coach Leipold’s record and accomplishments. Several of his assistants (i.e. DC Borland and OC Kotelnicki) followed him from Wisconsin-Whitewater where they won multiple D-III National Championships, then to Buffalo and now Kansas. All of the coaches that Coach Leipold brought are very experienced and ties to many midwest/plain states, especially Illinois, Wisconsin, and North Dakota. One knock is the staff has little Power 5 experience, in fact several have spent a chunk of their careers at very small schools, such as University of Mary, Grand Valley State, and Valley City State.

*New players: One positive thing that Coach Miles left KU is the incoming recruiting class, at one point ranked as high as the top 35. There are 20(?) Freshmen who either enrolled for the spring semester or arrived for the fall camp. In addition, over 10 transfers came in and about the same amount of walk-on freshmen are on the team now. All these new faces are probably going to lead to some mistakes and sloppy play on the field. Hopefully, the coaches keep things simple at the beginning and play to the strengths and experience of the players to maximize the potential to win.

*Schedule: KU has 5 teams with losing records last season scheduled for this season which seems to give us a chance at winning. Coastal Carolina at Coastal Carolina is going to be a tough one, but we’ve played them close/relatively close the last two seasons - should be close again.

*Signs of improvement: Besides the final scores last season, KU was beat on yardage, first downs, sacks, tackles for loss, and QB hurries. I think we should see signs of improvement in some or all of those categories this season.

*Predictions for the season: Right now, Vegas sports books and odds makers have KU at 1.5 wins. There was even someone who put $1500 on the over (I saw the evidence!). I think two wins is do-able and I feel pretty good about that for this program and this new coaching staff.

As for the realignment, please show any and all support for the football program you can this season. It may not help, but it won't hurt...
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.