Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

The Chiefs' image

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #24762 by murphyslaw
There was mention of the crowd size being a million strong, and from watching the presentations after the parade, I don't doubt it.
However, this was not a rock concert. The audience was made up of people of all ages, many of whom might not have been devotees of cable tv where everything goes and nothing is off limits. No matter many there were, not all of them were adults and not all of them were high.

As a Chiefs fan for all my years on this earth, and they are many, I was very excited by the win, the parade, and the coming introduction of the Chiefs staff, owners, cheerleaders (whose routine was very entertaining I thought) and players.

To my surprise, shock, and even disgust, I watched a player on the best team in the world grab his privates. On camera in front of a million people. Not just place a hand in the general location, but actually grab and pull. Not to be outdone in poor taste, another talented player used the F word in his speech, and I heard it echo throughout the team.

Among my several professions, I worked as a counselor in 2 Kansas prisons. I learned more than I wanted to and added words to my vocabulary I had never used before, so it isn't as if I am all that innocent, but I was disappointed in the players' actions and expressions. Now, my memories of the celebration will be tainted forever by the words and deeds of the World Champion Kansas City Chiefs. I felt they were less than classy, to put it mildly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, JRhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.