Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

Texas Tech game grades

• bklynhawk
  • bklynhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 5 months ago #23645 by bklynhawk
Exciting game and redemption for Liam Jones. First Big 12 win for Coach Miles and nice way to end the losing streak against Texas Tech.

QB/Carter Stanley (Grade: A-) – 415 yards and 3 TD's. One interception. One rushing TD. Lots of long bombs in this one.

RB's (Grade: A) – Quiet night for Pooka. 69 yards and 0 touchdowns. Gardner had a really nice run and TD. It looks like they'll start integrating him more.

WR's/TE's (Grade: A) – Robison had an amazing night - 186 yards and 2 TD's. Parchment had another good night, as well, with 109 yards and a TD.

Offensive Line (Grade: A+) – No sacks and no QB hurries. Can't argue with that. Stanley had the time to get off some great passes and KU was able to move the ball.

Defense (Grade "B+") – Texas Tech was able to rack up almost 500 yards. 1 sack. Absolutely crucial stops on the last two Texas Tech drives led to KU scoring the tying touchdown and winning field goal.

Special Teams/Kicking (Grade "B+") – What a way to end a game and turn around the disappointment of the Texas loss with the game winning field goal! Not so great, another blocked kick. That is an area that should be worked on...

Coaches (Grade: A)- This was a comeback from a 17 point deficit and a shootout in the second half. Offense had to shift gears when Pooka was getting jammed. Defense and special teams could use some improvement. D might be affected by the lack of manpower.

Next – the Purple kitties to the west for the Sunflower Showdown.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kong, konza63, boulderhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.