Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

It’s official - it’s Les Miles

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #19706 by HawkErrant
247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/Les...ead-coach-124936483/

Beginning of a new era in KUFB?

I do not believe KU could have made a better hire.

Already looking forward to seeing where KUFB goes next season.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 4 months ago #19709 by Illhawk
Agreed. If he can draw quality staff and recruit anywhere near what he has in the past , minor bowls and the occasional major upset should start around 2020.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #19710 by bklynhawk
This checks a lot of boxes. Power 5 Head Coaching Experience. Winning record/Multiple bowl wins/National Championship. Has experience turning around a program with a losing record in the prior season (Oklahoma State).

There's lots of questions about how this will play out and the future of the program. We won't really know answers to those questions for another 3-5 seasons. Excited to see how this plays out!

Anyway, here's the audio from the press conference:

www.ksal.com/les-miles-named-football-coach-at-kansas/
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by bklynhawk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jaythawk1

More
5 years 4 months ago #19714 by NotOstertag
Certainly has a good resume and previous results elsewhere. My fingers are crossed and I'm optimistic. At the same time, there's a long climb ahead just to get out of the hole we're in, much less a turnaround. Good luck, Coach Miles. We've got your back.

Here's the only question: obviously he won't be doing any coaching this week as we head toward the season finale vs. Texas. But do you think he'll be hanging around? I would think he'd want to see how the team practices, get a feel for some of his returning players, etc. But at the same time, it would be fairly distracting, and would seem disrespectful to Beaty who is still in the job.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot