Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

Football post

• AZhawk87
  • AZhawk87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 7 months ago #19209 by AZhawk87
I write this here, because no one goes to the football thread. Delete this if you must, Mr. site operator.

I hate talking about firing Beaty, because he actually seems like a passionate, good guy. I was so excited when he was hired and heard his exuberance. But it has passed the point of no return.

KU is the poster school for stupid plays, bad fumbles, dumb penalties, and losing, losing, losing. When your graduate transfer center is your best O lineman, and he actually snaps the ball to the wrong guy, it has reached the point where change is needed.

Spend WHATEVER it takes to get a real coach here, who can turn this dumpster fire around. The challenge is there may not be any REAL coach who will take this job. The rich alums need to step up and spend $400 million on new facilities, and commit to it now. Have it in place for next season. Then get a coach who sells the new shiny penny, and bring some players in who can actually snap the ball, throw it, catch it, and not look like buffoons (not bashing the kids at all - but they're put in a no win situation that they shouldn't be in).

I just spent the weekend at the Notre Dame, Michigan game, and it was absolutely amazing. KU hoops is awesome, but a good football team is the best. It brings alums in, money in, and will bring the KU nation together. Gotta figure this out.

Rock Chalk !
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, wardhawk, Wheatstate Gal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.