Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 4 months ago #14888 by HawkErrant
While the KUFB program was sleeping...

www2.kusports.com/news/2017/dec/20/ku-fo...after-donor-david-b/

Got to give Booth credit, dude says he’s a Jayhawk and he puts his millions where his mouth is... big time... and time again.

Got to hope we eventually get a football team worthy of playing in a stadium named after him.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
6 years 4 months ago #14897 by NotOstertag
I'll admit that I really don't follow college football. That might change if KU had a better program.

As for naming the football stadium after Booth, I really can't disagree with it. He's put his money where his mouth is and has contributed so much to our University. Frankly, getting Naismith's original rules and building a fitting place to keep them is enough for me to recommend him for sainthood (especially since the Dookies were the next in line).

Nevertheless, the stadium is also a Memorial to the KU students who died in WWI, so I hope that something remains to honor those fallen sons of Kansas. I also hope that whatever they do with the new stadium that they do something to maintain some of the original features from the old stadium.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
6 years 4 months ago #14904 by HawkErrant
Yep to all you wrote.
The linked story in the OP contained this image to show what the upgrade should look like.

I hope they are going to continue with an updated version of the Ring of Honor for all the guys who have their names there now. Best I can tell the project image does not show anything like it.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"