Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 4 months ago #14888 by HawkErrant
While the KUFB program was sleeping...

www2.kusports.com/news/2017/dec/20/ku-fo...after-donor-david-b/

Got to give Booth credit, dude says he’s a Jayhawk and he puts his millions where his mouth is... big time... and time again.

Got to hope we eventually get a football team worthy of playing in a stadium named after him.

“The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don’t do anything about it” ~Albert Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
4 years 4 months ago #14897 by NotOstertag
I'll admit that I really don't follow college football. That might change if KU had a better program.

As for naming the football stadium after Booth, I really can't disagree with it. He's put his money where his mouth is and has contributed so much to our University. Frankly, getting Naismith's original rules and building a fitting place to keep them is enough for me to recommend him for sainthood (especially since the Dookies were the next in line).

Nevertheless, the stadium is also a Memorial to the KU students who died in WWI, so I hope that something remains to honor those fallen sons of Kansas. I also hope that whatever they do with the new stadium that they do something to maintain some of the original features from the old stadium.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 4 months ago #14904 by HawkErrant
Yep to all you wrote.
The linked story in the OP contained this image to show what the upgrade should look like.

I hope they are going to continue with an updated version of the Ring of Honor for all the guys who have their names there now. Best I can tell the project image does not show anything like it.

“The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don’t do anything about it” ~Albert Einstein