Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

seeking opinions

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #14503 by murphyslaw
from those in the know. KU has had so many positives regarding their play this season, yet the trend seems to be dropping catchable passes, getting silly penalties, etc., which seems to have contributed to our 1-10 record. For posters who have coaching experience or a working knowledge of why our players appear to be getting in their own way, what is your opinion of the cause of this? Coaching? Lack of talent? Nerves/lack of experience? Napping during important plays? Illegal use of hands in the huddle?

All replies will be appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #14504 by Wheatstate Gal
Thanks for asking this, Murphy. A couple of weeks ago, I hopefully watched the Baylor game. I can’t recall how many dropped passes we had...right from the start...when the receiver was hit “right in the numbers”.....and the throws didn’t seem to be bullets (too hard to catch....for someone who “makes a living” as a pass catcher). I had your same question.....it’s so sad.

I doubt we ever give up football....but, sheesh....so disheartening. Perhaps our football team is truly comprised of student athletes.....emphasize student? Or a way for not very talented young men to continue playing ball for a few more years.

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #14505 by murphyslaw
Thanks for the reply, Wheatie. I keep waiting for a response from the coach on HawkTalk that makes sense to me. It's nice that he always has positive things to say--Maybe he's too nice? I believe that a tougher approach might be helpful to the problem of dropped passes. If a player knew that he'd have to run up and down the bleachers for 15 minutes during practice for every dropped pass during a game, for example, he might develop pass catching expertise! But then, what do I know?