Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

Another "Boot" recruit joins the huddle!

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 2 months ago #11164 by HawkErrant
All state DL Nelson Jenkins (6-4, 290) of Plaquemine, Louisiana, committed to KU for the 2018 season on Monday.

Hiring Tony Hull as the new running backs coach has been a big lift to KU recruiting so far.

www2.kusports.com/news/2017/feb/06/sixth...-commits-ku-footbal/

Granted, they still have a full year of HS football to play, and commitments have been known to change their minds when certain name programs come calling, but it's hard to deny this has been a great jump start on the 2018 KUFB recruiting process.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 2 months ago #11178 by Kong
People coming from prime SEC country to sign with KU without even visiting? I hope Hull isn't doing anything fishy here. Or worse, trying to show LSU that he deserves the job there by gathering all these recruits to take over there should he be offered.

I hope that they all stay committed and actually ink with KU, but we all know how fluid football recruiting is. Guys commit and decommit routinely

Visualize Whirled Peas

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 2 months ago #11281 by HawkErrant
... and playing for a guy they know and trust in (Hull) is huge for them and their parents.

Having said that, I would be very surprised if all of them ended up on campus. I believe it was Friday I was listening to ESPN on KUFB recruiting (just happened upon it on the tube) and the "conventional wisdom" was that we would lose some of them (as you and I are agreeing), but that even getting guys of this caliber committed is a serious door opener for KU in SEC country. Beaty has maintained if we can get them to campus, the product and opportunity being sold is very attractive. And the win over tu last year didn't hurt things, either, shows things are moving forward. Keeping my fingers crossed we actually see most (prefer all) of them here in 2018.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 2 months ago #11283 by HawkErrant
Doesn't mean he won't recommit, but realistically I'd think not. But one never knows, do one?
Ja'Marr Chase

More
7 years 2 months ago #11294 by Kong
You never know, but I wish he had waited a while and then decommit. Maybe we could have made more progress with others and it wouldn't look like such a quick turn around. I do like what he said and how he did it though.

Also saw the story on the two coaching changes in the offing. I wonder if Hudy would be interested in taking on the football team as well?

Visualize Whirled Peas

More
7 years 2 months ago #11456 by Kong
www2.kusports.com/news/2017/feb/16/anoth...tial-commi/?football

I guess it was too much to hope for. I was really hoping these guys would stick and we would see KU turn the corner.

Visualize Whirled Peas

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 2 months ago #11461 by HawkErrant
Way too early to worry, and we still have 4 of the 6, which is 4 more than we had in the past. Might end up losing them all, might keep all 4 and add some more.

I don't like 3 steps forward, two steps back, but it's better than no forward steps at all!