Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

Yea, Chiefs!

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #9513 by murphyslaw
What a great defensive game on both sides! The Chiefs got a must win, thanks to their refusal to give up. (The reversal of the no-touchdown call didn't hurt, either. Did KC challenge the call or was it the refs' decision to review it? I missed the details somehow.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 4 months ago #9515 by Bayhawk
I went to bed at 27 - 26 (or whatever it was). Imagine my surprise when I got the paper this morning!! :cheer:

We have to wait for the NFL network replay this week (or you tube it?),

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #9517 by murphyslaw
I missed the last Chiefs score, also, but then woke to see the last of Reed's postgame interview. I was expecting him to comment on the reasons they lost!

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 3 months ago #9526 by konza63
I watched the whole thing, start to finish, and lived the emotional roller-coaster throughout. :( B) :angry: :huh: :silly: :blink: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

It was by far the best game of the NFL season, and really the best football game I've seen since KU beat MU in that spectacular game at Arrowhead back in 2007 (prior to our early '08 Orange Bowl win).

To answer your question on the call reversal, Murph, it was a booth review, not a challenge by the Chiefs. Bang-bang play and I had a good feeling they'd call it a TD upon review.

Tyreke Hill has developed into QUITE a player in year one. Heck, while Justin Houston was doing his "beast mode" on defense, Hill was carrying the team when it came to points scored.

Cool stat and historical factoid from the game, germane to all KU fans:

* Hill became the first NFL player since the Kansas Comet (Gale Sayers, with the Bears) to score THREE touchdowns in a single game via rush, pass catch, and return.

I'm still buzzing from the game! #ibleedredandgold

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 3 months ago #9536 by murphyslaw
Thanks for answering my question, Konza.

I agree that it was one of the best football games in a long tine.

Glad you were able to see it the whole way through!