Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

The more things change . . .

• Bayhawk
  • Bayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 6 months ago #8757 by Bayhawk
The more they stay the same. :unsure:

Anybody got a positive spin on today???

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
7 years 6 months ago #8773 by Illhawk
Aside from that, until recently it was understood that KU football was in year two of a five year process. Then a flogging of a poor FCS team and irrational exuberance takes over.

The program was about as bad as can happen. If a doctor, lawyer or most other professionals perform like FHCCW that don't get to continue in that profession, let along get paid for years on a contract after they are fired. His was possibly the worse hire in the history of college football .

FHCTG was also a bad hire and the wreckage left behind by the combined ineptitude will not be cleaned up for a while. I believe the kids and coaches are working hard , which is their job. Our job is to be patient; this is going to take a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

• Bayhawk
  • Bayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 6 months ago #8778 by Bayhawk
The problem of being an atheist . . .
Habakkuk 2:3
For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.
I have such little patience. Let's get on with round-ball!!!

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
7 years 6 months ago #8785 by Illhawk
I saw this coming, though I did not expect the Junior High sloppiness. My high school coach would have had us in pads the next day running and hitting after this debacle.

However most observers thought, at best, this was a toss up. A line of KU -3 means similar talent and a field goal for the home field.

Next year and moreso the following year we will have games that in our soul we expect to win. And because it is KU football the Jayhawks will text it in. It happened my first year as a student in 1983 NIU; and it has frequently happened against bad editions of the Clones, Buffs and whoever else since then.

If a deal was made with some higher power that to be so magnificent it basketball we would be , almost, always tormented on the gridiron it was probably the best offer we would ever see. I would have signed on.

Maybe in a generation or two the world will tire of head injuries and football will fade away and hoops will rule college sports?
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk