Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

Peyton Manning to retire

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 1 month ago #5462 by HawkErrant
espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14913587/peyt...ce-retirement-monday

Official announcement by Peyton tomorrow, per the Broncos office.

Per ESPN, statistically the most successful QB in NFL history (don't kill the messenger, I just heard the talking head say that).

Whether you loved him or hated him, you respected him. And players throught the NFL jumped at the chance to play with him.

The end of an era in NFL history, as Brady carries on as really the last of the latest "Old Guard" -- okay, there is still Drew Brees, but it's just not the same.

ESPN Sportscenter interview with former opponent -- "Teams playing against him were playing checkers, but he was playing chess."

To illustrate the respect I have for him -- I grew up a Baltimore Colt fan. When Bob Irsay literally stole away in the middle of the Baltimore night with the franchise, I swore I would never again be a fan of the Indianapolis Colts. And in truth, I never have been. I was a fan of Peyton Manning, and when he left the "I. Colts" I was very pleased for him and me.

Best of luck to him!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.