Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Entertainment / Personal

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

Loss of another talent.

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Wheatstate Gal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #1916 by Wheatstate Gal
David Bowie. And now Glenn Frey.

RIP, gentlemen. RIP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
8 years 3 months ago #1930 by konza63
I was stunned to hear this sad news tonight. Another musical beacon has departed.

www.rollingstone.com/music/news/glenn-fr...-dead-at-67-20160118

In life and death, we're measured less by what we do for a living than by the lasting ripple effects and memories we leave with others. Glenn Frey left enough with just this one fan to justify his time on the blue marble. Multiply that exponentially across hundreds of millions who listened to and crooned out his songs, and we see his true impact.

All this from a guy who started out as a backup artist for Linda Ronstadt, then blazed his own creative path with some exceptional musical friends.

"This voice keeps whispering in my other ear, tells me I may never see you again..."

Sadly, we won't see him again. But his songs will endure forever.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 3 months ago #1934 by HawkErrant
Losing Alan Rickman just a couple of days after Bowie was quite the loss for me. Really loved his work, from his first screen appearance as bad guy Hans Gruber in Die Hard through his hilarious Alexander Dane in Galaxy Quest (by Grabthar's Hammer, he was superb in it) to his perfect embodiment of Severus Snape in the Harry Potter movies. Great actor, caring human being.

And now Glenn is gone, and the soundtrack of my life is rendered just a bit more bittersweet. Almost fitting that the heat is gone in winter. >sigh<

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Wheatstate Gal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #2103 by Wheatstate Gal
Re running the "History of the Eagles." Really good documentary. IMHO.