Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Entertainment / Personal

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.

Jeopardy - Greatest of All Time (This in addition to regular Jeopardy at 7:00)

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 3 months ago #24225 by porthawk
Just wanted to share. I'm excited for it!

Starting this Tuesday at 8 p.m. on ABC, Ken, Brad and James will compete in a series of one-hour shows. Each show is a stand-alone match consisting of two complete Jeopardy! games. The winner of each match will be decided by their total point score of the two games. The first to win three matches receives $1 million and, more importantly, the title of Jeopardy! The Greatest of All Time. The two non-winners will each receive $250,000.

www.jeopardy.com/jbuzz/special-tournamen...be-greatest-all-time
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeopardy!_The_Greatest_of_All_Time
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 2 months ago #24632 by HawkErrant
So wot hoppened, hey?

Inquirin' minds, y'know, wanna know!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #24653 by porthawk
Sooo...

During the first week, Ken won the first game, James won the second, and Ken won the third.

So, during the second week, Ken needed one win to become the GOAT. Ken won the first of the two games by about $30,000 (a match consisted of the total score from two consecutive "regular" games of Jeopardy.) That meant that in the second game that James needed to win a lot of money to pass Ken Jennings. In double Jeopardy, James started heating up and got the second Daily Double. He gestured his famous "pushing all the chips into the pot" gesture and nailed the DD. For Final Jeopardy, you knew he was going to bet it all and if he got the question right, it would be enough to surpass Ken (I forget the exact numbers.) I was all set for James to win and forge a 2-2 tie with Ken (Brad was truly a non-entity in these games, outside of landing on DDs that would've helped the other players), but he did not get the Final Jeopardy question correct leading Ken Jennings to be crowned the GOAT at Jeopardy.

Hope that summary helps. If you have any follow-up questions HE (or anyone else), feel free to ask. I have to say, it was a lot of fun to watch!