Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Where's our RCB "eyes in the Phog"......

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Wheatstate Gal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #1189 by Wheatstate Gal
Hoshi? Missing his eyewitness accounts from the Fieldhouse.

Understand there is a NEW pre-game video!

Any reports? Bueller? Bueller?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 3 months ago #1190 by Bayhawk
Great question WSG.

And congrats on your "senior membership" status. I don't know what it takes to earn it, but obviously we're in good company,

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #1191 by Wheatstate Gal
Well........somehow, even tho I have refused to put my birth year in my profile; either Dave or the "software" has figured it out!

Not sure about you, my young compadre! ;)

More
8 years 3 months ago #1223 by sasnak

Bayhawk wrote: Great question WSG.

And congrats on your "senior membership" status. I don't know what it takes to earn it, but obviously we're in good company,

RC

It just means you are naturally gabby :P

It'll feel better when it stops hurting

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #1232 by Wheatstate Gal
Got the "gift of gab" from the WSG dad unit.

More
8 years 3 months ago #1237 by NotOstertag
I was at the UC Irvine game, but as somebody who's only been in AFH twice (both times over break) in the past 2 years, I don't have an accurate baseline to make any comparisons.

I will say that it was (and is) a great experience, and is still very loud and full of energy even with the students away. I can only imagine what it's like when they're around.

My most memorable impression of the UC Irvine game was Mamadou Ndiaye's 7'6" body compared to our own bigs Lucas and Mickleson who both looked like little kids in comparison. Unlike other super-tall players (thnking Manute Bol here) Ndiaye is very broad across the shoulders and much more "normally proportioned" compared to guys who just looked "stretched". When he held the ball, it looked like a normal sized person holding a grapefruit.

Other than that, the only other thing I noticed (last year and this year) was that when the students are away, they bring in an alumni pep band. So you'll see some grey haired clearly out-of-college people playing, which is actually pretty cool.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, Wheatstate Gal

More
8 years 3 months ago #1238 by Bayhawk
I had to letter box my wide screen just to fit Ndiaye!

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
The following user(s) said Thank You: NotOstertag

• Sieverling
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • c'86. Call me Dave
More
8 years 3 months ago #1247 by Sieverling

Wheatstate Gal wrote: Understand there is a NEW pre-game video!

Yep. Here's the video and introductions.

Hic manebimus optime
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, JayhawkChef, jayhawk969, murphyslaw, Wheatstate Gal

More
8 years 3 months ago #1259 by hoshi
Dear Friends

I will be there. I have only attended the UIC and Baylor game as I was traveling in Australia/NZ for six weeks. Great trip. Yes, I am now in phased retirement (50% time). While traveling, I was able to pick up some of the games on my Slingbox. Fun watching both the BB and women's VB games with my daughter, when in Australia. Slow wifi and thus Slingbox was more problematic in NZ, thus a lot of pixelation.

The UCI game was good, at least the second half. I have never seen anyone so big as their center. HUGE. KU had him well scouted using a small guard instead of a second big because he tended to lower the ball or try putting on the floor. Crowd was good but not great. We really worn down their bigs.

The Baylor game was high octane. I really liked the new video as the old one was getting a little stale, at least for those of us who can attend most games. The new one is also louder and more in your face. Do miss the complete Mario shot. After the 24/4 lead the crowd got a little less noisy, by AFH standards. Loved the way we finished the game. Baylor players were exhausted, including Gathers. I think this is going to be big for us as we move forward. The depth up front, while no one has stood out, all are pulling their weight. We can not be fouled out while others have to be careful.

Am attending the game with Dare, my brother-in-law, tonight. I actually had more concerns for the Baylor game than the OU game but then I remembered who Baylor's coach was and relaxed.

Feel good about tonight.

Hoshi

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein

More
8 years 3 months ago #1267 by LasJayhawk
Got to have the shot

Yea,yea,yea, keepin' the faith
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sieverling

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #1269 by Wheatstate Gal
Dave--

Thank YOU!!! Thanks NotO for your game day experience. Thanks LasJ for "the shot." Welcome Back, Hoshi!

I am sitting here at my desk.....Taking my afternoon "coffee break" ( wink wink, nudge nudge)...puddling up like a baby watching that video. Gives me chills regardless!

One of my favorite photos? Withey with his mouth wide open bellowing!!! LOVE it. (another, although not in the video: Withey with the bloody nose, giving someone a REAL stink Eye!!!)

Hope some day we have one (similar bellowing photo) of Perry "feeling it" and letting it go!!! :evil:

Rock Chalk Forever, My Friends!
Last Edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Wheatstate Gal. Reason: forgot to thank LasJ for his/her contribution.