Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Hoophall voting still open, a/o 4-3-17

• JRhawk
  • JRhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #12205 by JRhawk
Last Edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by HawkErrant. Reason: added start date for Naismith voting to subject
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• JRhawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12235 by JRhawk
Bump

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
7 years 1 month ago #12239 by HawkErrant
... once you tweet your vote for FMIII it's a one time only deal?

Every day I go back to try to vote again, but I always get "Undo retweet" when I hove over the retweet icon.

I'm not a twitter pro.
Am I missing something?
Or is this a really smart way that ESPN has limited fans to 1 vote per player per fan, eliminating ballot box stuffing?

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
7 years 1 month ago #12242 by rainyhawk
I don't use Twitter so right now I can only vote for the CLASS award. Frank's #2 and about 8 percentage points behind the guy from Gonzaga. We have to have more BB fans than they do so let's start voting!! You can do it daily but it closes really soon!! RCJH!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jaythawk1

• JRhawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12362 by JRhawk
Same for me, rainyhawk - no Twitter. Class still open - Cousy voting supposed to open today, but wasn't when just checked.

• JRhawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12400 by JRhawk
Bump - several items open now.

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 1 month ago #12406 by HawkErrant
Please note that for the Cousy Award (Frank) and the Erving Award (Josh), you will be voting for both of them (and 3 other awards) in the same session AND

You must give the site a valid email address AND
You must VALIDATE YOUR VOTES (a one time click of the link they email to you) for your votes to be counted..

Also note that if you have more than one valid email address it looks as if you can vote more than once a day using the different email addresses. I voted for both Mrs HE and myself from the same machine, only difference being our email addresses.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL JAYHAWKS!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: JRhawk

• JRhawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #12460 by JRhawk
Bump

More
7 years 1 month ago #12461 by bklynhawk
JRhawk - great post with all the awards links consolidated on one page...And, don't forget to vote for Frank, et al! RCJH!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JRhawk

More
7 years 1 month ago #12495 by bklynhawk
Here's a great piece on Bleacher Report (very thorough) about each of the player of the year candidates outlook for the NBA draft. It says some really nice things about Mason! I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the tournament and him landing somewhere in the NBA (or at least doing very nicely overseas).

bleacherreport.com/articles/2697012-wher...-the-year-contenders
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, murphyslaw

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 1 month ago #12543 by HawkErrant
Bump!

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 1 month ago #12790 by HawkErrant
Vote JAYHAWKS!

Also note that today is the last day to vote for Frank for the CLASS award!
Fan voting counts for 1/3 of the total votes with the remaining 2/3 determined by NCAA Division I coaches and national media members.
Frank is currently 2nd in the fan voting (27.7% of the votes to Przemek Karnowski of Gonzaga's 33.1%)

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL ICEMAN!

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 1 month ago #12799 by HawkErrant
NOTE WELL -- again, my experience is that I can vote for Frank the CLASS Award multiple times a day: once on my desktop, once on my laptop, once on my iPhone, once on any other device I can get my hands on!

Take advantage and use your access to support our own #BIFM!

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 1 month ago #12800 by HawkErrant
AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR BILL SELF for NAISMITH COY!

Note well: the Naismith site when loaded will show the nominees for Men's and Women's Players and Coaches of the Year.

DON'T click on the pictures, doing so was just a waste of time (at least for me).

DO select the button underneath the pictures and then click on VOTE.

And again -- multiple DEVICES translates to MULTIPLE DAILY VOTES, so vote Chicago style --
VOTE EARLY!
VOTE OFTEN!

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 1 month ago #12806 by HawkErrant
Remember that voting is also still ongoing for the other awards as well!
Cousy for Frank, Erving for Josh, both of which require email validation.
And yes, multiple email accounts allow for multiple daily votes!

Still having figured out how to vote more than once -- period -- for the Wooden Awards since as far as I can tell you can only retweet the tweet once.

Yeah, I'm being a pest, but our guys deserve our support!

ROCK CHALK!

More
7 years 1 month ago #12825 by bklynhawk
Make sure you get your vote in today for the Senior Class award. Last day to vote is today March 20th.

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #13200 by HawkErrant
All the other fan voting is over, but the voting continues for the Naismith Memorial Basketball HOF Awards!
naismithtrophy.com/vote/

Vote for Men's and Women's Player and Coach of the Year!

Fan Voting ends March 31

Just select the person(s) you want to vote for and the click the VOTE tab under that category.

Easy peasy.

There is still something out there for Frank -- and Coach Self -- to win, and they need our help!

ROCK CHALK!

• JRhawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 weeks ago #13202 by JRhawk
HE: Even though the KU Athletic site says the Hoophall voting ended, that's not the case. I have voted each day, including today. I can't find when it actually ends, but imagine soon, maybe the 31st??

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #13217 by HawkErrant
Good to know, JR, thanks!

Guess we just keep voting until we can't anymore!

• HawkErrant
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #13228 by HawkErrant
Get your votes in today and tomorrow for the Naismith POY and COY for Frank and HCBS

naismithtrophy.com/vote/

Note well -- if you have more than one access point to the Internet, you can vote multiple times in a day.
In my case -- iPhone, iPad, desktop and Mrs HE's laptop.

It seems that the Hoophall Awards (Cousy for Frank, Erving for Josh) site is still accepting votes as well, even though the deadline was supposed to be March 24.
www.hoophallawards.com/index.php

For Hoophall you can vote as many times as you have different email addresses. I voted 5 times today, twice for myself and once each for Mrs HE and her folks, all on the same PC. Remember you will have to validate your vote by clicking on the link that they email to the email address you supply.

Good voting!