Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Is it ever going to end

More
7 years 2 months ago #11016 by JRhawk
Unfortunately, embers sometimes erupt into flame. I agree with your two points though. I hope someone douses it soon and these guys learn something in the process.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
7 years 2 months ago #11017 by konza63
B)

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• konza63
More
7 years 2 months ago #11018 by konza63
Agreed. And no idea, to your question. I presume he has info from the players showing that there were (are) two sides to these incidents, but that doesn't mean they didn't occur. We simply don't know the details or facts.

Mellinger (a KC Star KU grad, yet someone who has bent over backwards in the past to mollify Purps and Tiggers that he has a KU bias) is doubling down on Twitter in defense of his fellow reporters there. He is implying they have good sourcing and had direct access to KU internal (Title IX investigative) files or deliberations.

Who the hell knows?

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• konza63
More
7 years 2 months ago #11019 by konza63
mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/02/sports/nca...ps://t.co/fNb31j2t2D

The university and/or AD have to get out KU's position on this at some point, no?

More
7 years 2 months ago #11023 by denster
Reporters shouldn't have access to files protected by federal privacy law
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63

More
7 years 2 months ago #11025 by AZhawk87
Two quick comments to that article.

1. I don't think the issues of the past couple weeks represent a new "culture" at KU, as the reporter suggests. At least I hope these are isolated incidents and not a reflection of a culture shift.

2. I don't think the conference tourney title means anything compared to the season title. Maybe in a conference where the only team going to the tourney is the conference tourney champ, but not in the B-12 where at least 6 teams are almost automatic invites and slug it out over the course of a full season. I honestly can't remember when KU has won or lost the B-12 tourney, nor do I really care. The season champ is the King.

More
7 years 2 months ago #11026 by JRhawk
I was afraid it might be a total hatchet job, but seemed fairly neutral. Said a lot of nice things about KU, including that the Big 12 has a much tougher competitive landscape than the Pac 8 & Pac 10 back when UCLA's streak was. Hopefully KU's issues aren't a trend, but they have gotten old very fast.

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 2 months ago #11027 by Wheatstate Gal
I agree with Denster. If the KC Star reporter has "direct access to KU internal files or deliberations".....that is amazingly troubling. Title IX investigations fall into the category of "serious guano".