Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Tell me why I should watch the 2nd half?

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 4 months ago #226 by HawkErrant
The Jayhawks have not shown up, why should we?

Maybe we should ask who these guys are, and what have they done with the real Jayhawks?

I have never seen such a Jekyll-Hyde team in my memory.

Throw in the announcers and the officials (after the lengthy review on Brannen's foul, Frank gets hit in the head twice, but no review for Flagrant 1; Diallo gets clobbered on the last KU possession but no foul being called), and I'm not much feeling like watching the last 20.
:angry:

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 4 months ago #229 by porthawk
I hear ya, HE. All I can say is that it can't get worse.

More
8 years 4 months ago #242 by porthawk
nm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 4 months ago #254 by HawkErrant
Yeah, hard to argue with that kind of logic.

But as much as I'm a fan of Stevenson, I'm not a fan of our guys playing like schizos. Just glad Self & Co found the guys that were supposed to be playing and brought them out in the second half instead of those clowns that played in the first.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #262 by Senex68
Because a game has 2 halves for a reason.

Both of us have been watching basketball for decades and you know full well that there have been hundreds of games like this one. I attended the game at Allen when Paul Pierce's jersey was retired, and we blew out Arizona in the first half. Killed them. They destroyed us in the 2nd half. Destroyed us. Horrible game to watch, and probably worse game to play. Remember the Texas game, the day after Thomas Robinson's mother died? And the UCLA game when we were down by over 20 at the half, and simply ran them out of the fieldhouse in the 2nd half? It happens. And it happens far too often to get upset. These guys are human, and this is what happens to humans. Hubris, gas, girlfriends, you know the litany of stuff that affects 20 somethings.

And that is why games have 2 halves.

"When you have a ruling class that doesn’t believe in — or even much like — the fundamental values of the nations it rules, things tend to work out poorly.”

Glenn Reynolds
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Senex68. Reason: stupidity