Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Come on. Ellis and Graham look like drug addled zombies.

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #224 by CorpusJayhawk
Perry was just totally pathetic. Devonte' just looked lost. Selden and Mason trying to keep this game close. I say bench Perry for the start of the 2nd half.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 4 months ago #227 by porthawk
Yup...especially Ellis.

Regarding 3-point shooting, they really were limiting our shots. Selden hit those two towards the end of the half, but outside of that, nothin'

People have talked about HCBS NOT running plays to free up Greene (or any shooter for that matter). I'm not sure how I've felt about it, but tonight, it seemed like it should've been tried at least once or twice...especially with the way Perry was getting manhandled inside.

So when Greene finally did get his attempt, he missed (that's fine), but it appeared that he and Wayne did not get back on D (to me it was b/c they assumed the shot was going in, and it led to a runout by OSU. That really bothered me.

More
8 years 4 months ago #231 by JhawkMom
I agree completely. Self better slap their heads and wake them up. Seems like they alternate games. Great - horrible - great - horrible. "THIS" team isn't doing it. Self needs to decide on a lineup that works. I may be the only one here who does not think Perry is the most important player. He gets stuck under the basket with no hope but still struggles to make a basket and misses we have great players to give him breathers

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #234 by CorpusJayhawk
I've said this for three year. Perry is not cut out to be the "go to" guy. His talent lends itself to being the 2nd or even third option. As the primary option he really is not effective consistently. 1-5 is just pathetic for the No. 1 option when that guy shoots at the rim or close. Defenses seem to be able to check Perry way too easily. I agree with Port. Let's run some plays to get some threes and penetrate off the dribble.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
8 years 4 months ago #235 by HawkErrant
He has not hustled on O at all. He's been lolling his way around the perimeter instead of hustling to get to a spot, and there have been at least three times I spotted that his failure to do so cost him an easy open shot -- and the last resulted in a KU TO as Frank tried to get him the ball, but he was still high on the perimeter when he could have busted his ass to the corner to get an unobstructed pass from Frank for a wide open 3. Greene cost Frank the TO by his failure to hustle.

I hope Self sits Greene and Ellis at the start of the half.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
8 years 4 months ago #236 by hairyhawk
I think Perry got frustrated that he could not get anything to fall. He had a lot of good looks and it would roll around and fall out. He has had that problem every year early in the year.