Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

AY2018-19 KUMBB Recruiting as of 2019-02-20

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
3 months 6 days ago #19671 by HawkErrant
KUAthletics: Mens' basketball inks McBride and Braun in early signing period

The OP has been updated to reflect this, and to note that younger Lawson brother Chandler opted to go to Oregon.

“The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don’t do anything about it” ~Albert Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HawkErrant
More
2 months 4 weeks ago #19766 by HawkErrant
OP edits for:

Rivals #2 recruit James Wiseman opts to stay at home to play for Penny at Memphis, while KU target #37 Zeke Nnaji opts for Arizona.

“The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don’t do anything about it” ~Albert Einstein

• HawkErrant
More
2 months 1 day ago #20192 by HawkErrant
Rivals #1 Vernon Carey Jr commits to Duke.

OP edited to reflect this and changes in ratings for remaining OFFERED.

• HawkErrant
More
1 month 1 week ago #20414 by HawkErrant
Origin post with Recruiting cheat sheet updated.

Kofi Cockburn chooses Illinois, Trayce Jackson-Davis chooses Indiana

• HawkErrant
More
1 month 1 week ago #20461 by HawkErrant
Updated the OP for new additions:

5* SG Anthony Edwards (reclassified to 2019)
4* C Tre Mitchell
3* SF Tristan Enaruna

• HawkErrant
More
1 month 4 days ago #20590 by HawkErrant

• HawkErrant
More
1 month 5 hours ago #20657 by HawkErrant

• HawkErrant
More
19 hours 39 minutes ago #21390 by HawkErrant
The OP for this thread has been updated for projected losses, the latest Rivals rankings and information on the status of the recruits KU is pursuing.

Today Rivals/JayhawkSlant senior writer Shay Wildeboor reported that Matthew Hurt, KU's top 2019 target, has entered the decision making phase of his recruitment. He has officially visited Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke and Kansas. Rivals #7 Hurt is the No. 2 ranked power forward in the class. He spent his last official visit in Lawrence, and from what Shay has learned, "the visit was a huge hit." Both Rivals experts (88%) and 247Sports Crystal Ball (79%) overwhelming project Hurt to be a KU signee come April. Here are Shay's words on Matthew:

Hurt, as most of you all well aware, has been on KU’s campus on a number of occasions and, heading into the visit, Kansas, in my opinion, was the team to beat for the five-star forward. In fact, I believe that Kansas has been the team to beat for much of Hurt’s recruitment.

Now that Hurt has completed his visit to Kansas, along with three other visits, my thoughts about his recruitment haven’t changed one bit. I still absolutely believe that Kansas is the team to beat for Matthew Hurt and, unless something unexpected happens, I expect him to give the nod to Bill Self and the Jayhawks when the time comes for him to go public with his decision.

Hurt and his family have an absolutely wonderful relationship with Self and his staff and, truth be told, I’m of the opinion that Kansas has been the frontrunner for much, if not all, of Hurt’s recruitment.

Again, unless something unexpected happens, I firmly believe that Matthew Hurt will be a member of KU’s 2019 recruiting class.

Since I think KU will at most only have one more opening (Dedric's) to fill for next season (unless something I am not anticipating happens), Hurt will be slotted to replace DLaw (big shoes), and Self & Co will be done with recruiting for 2019 and on to 2020 (which they have been working on for several years already, of course).

Fingers crossed, folks!

ROCK CHALK!

The following user(s) said Thank You: porthawk