Ads pay for this site.
Click here to
contact the Admin.

In further news today, more talk of ND nonFB to Big 12

October 25, 2011 09:12PM
Orangebloods.com: Talks between Big 12 and Irish heating up.

Yes, it does seem unlikely, but there are some facts that give it some credence.

1. I forget why, but apparently there has been bad blood between ND and some B1G members (especially Michigan) for decades. While Michigan and the B1G wouldn't mind burying the hatchet, there are still rumblings that the animosity still runs as an undercurrent for ND.

2. The ACC's Swofford and B1G's Delany are both on record that it will be strictly "all or nothing at all" for membership, and ND is looking at keeping FB independence and it's own network.

3. Texas' Dodds and ND's Swarbick apparently are very chummy. Thought I read earlier this week that Swarbick had worked for/with Dodds in the past. (BTW, I was unaware that Dodds was born in Riley KS, is a KState grad, a HoF KState track coach and former KState AD before taking the Texas AD job. Helluva guy that would consider actions that would leave his assumedly precious alma mater out in the cold if they came to fruition. Wait, another Kansas born guy potentially screwing his alma mater for "his" school... wonder if there is a familial relations)

4. Today's news that WVU is leaving the BEast makes it a very iffy situation, especially if ND is hedging its bets on having a home for it's FB team should worst ever come to worst.

If ND did come in, adding BYU or Boise State for FB only would even the FB #s out.

Not advocating any of this, just noting what I've been reading on line and hearing in the media.

"So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late" -- Bob Dylan
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. - Mark Twain, "Innocents Abroad"
"Out of the tree of life I just picked me a plum... Still it's a real good bet the best is yet to come." song sung by Sheahon Zenger, 2011-12-09.
SubjectAuthorPosted

Nothing formal yet today (1:54pm), but it seems inevitable: So long, mOO, hello WVU

HawkErrantOctober 25, 2011 01:54PM

WVU joining B12, news conference Wednesday smileys with beer

HawkErrantOctober 25, 2011 03:29PM

P.S. -- I am *so* glad the B12 is not waiting for mOO.

HawkErrantOctober 25, 2011 03:32PM

I totally agree, HE! nm

boulderhawkOctober 25, 2011 04:12PM

Re: P.S. -- I am *so* glad the B12 is not waiting for mOO.

SilasbuddyOctober 25, 2011 09:07PM

Absolutely...night and day different from the buffoon Beebe

Konza63October 25, 2011 09:48PM

Maybe not ...

KongOctober 26, 2011 01:29PM

What a joke

Konza63October 26, 2011 10:56PM

WVU press conference delayed

HawkErrantOctober 25, 2011 11:35PM

In further news today, more talk of ND nonFB to Big 12

HawkErrantOctober 25, 2011 09:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login