Ads pay for this site.
Click here to
contact the Admin.

Re: The LJW fails again to cover the story

October 21, 2011 01:37PM
I hear you. And I, for one, haven't been as fawning over Matt Tait's ongoing coverage of realignment issues as have some of the LJW readers online. It's as if anyone on that staff who puts out a rumor, and then just conjectures (truly!) as to what KU administrators might or might not have been doing behind the scenes during all of this, is sufficient. Not! These folks are paid journalists who are supposed to develop and track down leads, tap insiders and influencers for scoops, etc.

In that respect, when I first read DeArmond's piece last night (the one you posted), I thought it was lousy journalism also. The guy is such a Tigger homer that I can't digest anything he puts out, but wouldn't you think a homer like him would actually have developed some inside sources at some point over the years? (Sources that might shed light on what's going on behind those closed doors in KC) Compare that with J Brady McCullough, who (much to our chagrin) broke a lot of the KU ticket scheme prior to it going big-time. He loves KU, but he's also objective and has some true journalistic skills, in stark contrast to the Tigger belcher on his same staff.

Final thought: I'm SO ready for Moo to just get on with this. Sick of their hand-wringing, sick of their fans on the Star site, sick of it all. Enough already! Don't let the door hit you on the way out, and please, get it over with already!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

-- 1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, which Coach Phog Allen hung above his office desk
SubjectAuthorPosted

Mizzou curators sneak out back door without comment

HawkErrantOctober 20, 2011 09:31PM

The LJW fails again to cover the story

HawkErrantOctober 21, 2011 11:00AM

Re: The LJW fails again to cover the story

Konza63October 21, 2011 01:37PM

Deaton gets authority to deal from Curators; email KU leadership TODAY "KU to MU: no stay, no play"

HawkErrantOctober 21, 2011 02:50PM

Letter to BGL, Zenger and all KU head coaches

HawkErrantOctober 21, 2011 03:46PM

Zenger's response to Friday's MU news

HawkErrantOctober 21, 2011 05:37PM

Re: Zenger's response to Friday's MU news

Konza63October 21, 2011 05:50PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login