Ads pay for this site.
Click here to
contact the Admin.

Have to disagree somewhat, tm

July 20, 2011 08:27AM
Granted that winning is a big draw, but new facilities can be a huge recruiting boost, especially when your old ones were considered to be some of the least in the conference.

The commitment that is made to a program in terms of improving facilities provides concrete physical evidence to recruits that the athletic department has made more than just an oral commitment to excellence.

You can bet that even athletes in winning programs of schools with "lesser facilities" still drool when they see the better facilities in which their competitors train.

My experience with winners is they want it all. ;-)

GWS, tm

"So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late" -- Bob Dylan
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. - Mark Twain, "Innocents Abroad"
"Out of the tree of life I just picked me a plum... Still it's a real good bet the best is yet to come." song sung by Sheahon Zenger, 2011-12-09.
SubjectAuthorPosted

New ad news?

tmhawkJuly 19, 2011 04:04PM

Have to disagree somewhat, tm

HawkErrantJuly 20, 2011 08:27AM

Re: Have to disagree somewhat, tm

tmhawkJuly 20, 2011 09:00AM

I understand and agree with you

HawkErrantJuly 20, 2011 08:54PM

I think TM's point is that...

KongJuly 20, 2011 09:24AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login