Ads pay for this site.
Click here to
contact the Admin.

Paterno fired...

November 09, 2011 10:08PM
The big shoe dropped just now. The scandal's ripple effects continue to grow, and it just shatters anything I've ever seen, scandal-wise, involving college sports.

I have no dog in this fight, but it's sad all the way around--particularly for the innocent young victims of a predatory monster (Sandusky). It makes me shudder to think about my own kids being entrusted with adults in sports and other activities. He is the lowest of the low, and, though one cannot excuse Paterno for not taking the right ethical course from the outset (as opposed to the bare minimum reporting requirements he followed), it is sad that, if not for the despicable, heinous acts of the former coach and trusted colleague of his, he would've left the game and university with a sterling and quite affectionate reputation intact.

As I said, a sad situation for all involved, and quite eye-opening for everyone as parents and caring members of society.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

-- 1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, which Coach Phog Allen hung above his office desk
SubjectAuthorPosted

Paterno fired...

Konza63November 09, 2011 10:08PM

PS...

Konza63November 09, 2011 10:45PM

Everybody messed up on this

HawkErrantNovember 10, 2011 06:49PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login