Ads pay for this site.
Click here to
contact the Admin.

I need your vote!

September 25, 2011 05:00PM
Hello fellow Jayhawks,

I hope all is well with everyone.

Many of you know that I’m a 5th grade teacher. There's a contest from Del Monte. (See the text below.) Starting tonight at midnight, you'll be able to vote for my entry and I'll be eligible to win $1000 worth of school supplies and fruit for my class.

In addition to your vote, if you can and are willing, please post this on Facebook, Twitter, etc. or as I always do, just pass this email on to friends and family. If you read my entry and look at the photo of the class, I think you will genuinely feel that my entry is worthy of winning.

After you click on my entry (the link is below), you just have to vote with a simple click of the button. (If you have to search for me, the best way to find me is to sort the entries by “views” (I’m #2) or by “comments” (I’m #1). You can also find me by typing “Portnoy” into the search box.)

You can vote daily so I'll post a reminders about it. I know it's not quite voting for Tyrel Reed to win the Senior Class Award, but I figure this is a worthy enough cause for ask you all to vote for.

There are 10 winners each week and a total of 6 weeks of voting. If you do the math, it means that there are 60 total winners. Right now there are only 364 entries so I’d like to think that winning is realistically within reach.

Thanks in advance for your help, and Rock Chalk.

-Andrew

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My entry (short essay by me, photo, and comments)
[teachermonday.votigo.com]

Other entries
[teachermonday.votigo.com]

In an effort to get school children across North America to eat healthier, Del Monte Fresh Produce is holding its second annual "Teacher Monday: Cash for Classrooms" online contest.

"Teacher Monday: Cash for Classrooms" encourages kindergarten thru 12th grade school teachers to incorporate healthy eating and living messages into classroom activities. Sixty teachers will win a total of $1,000 in cash to purchase school supplies and fresh fruit for their students. Several winners will also get a Del Monte Fresh® Field Day event for their school in which the entire student body will enjoy a day of Del Monte fresh fruit, games and fun activities.

To be eligible to win, teachers must register online, submit a short essay on how they will incorporate healthy eating and living messages into their lesson plans, then encourage all their fans to vote for them online. Ten winners will be selected each Monday for six consecutive weeks beginning October 3, 2011. Winners are based solely on the number of votes they receive. Winning teachers will receive $750 in cash to purchase school supplies and $250 in Del Monte® fresh fruit coupons for classroom fresh snacks and to use in fruit educational activities.
Winning North American schools will also be linked with schools in countries where Del Monte grows its fruit to help further the education of students by introducing them to another culture. Global schools will also receive $1,000 each for school supplies and improvements.

Become a fan of "Teacher Monday: Cash for Classrooms" on the Del Monte Fresh Produce Facebook and Twitter pages today to stay informed about contest news and Del Monte Fresh fruit giveaways.
SubjectAuthorPosted

I need your vote!

porthawkSeptember 25, 2011 05:00PM

Re: I need your vote!

tmhawkSeptember 25, 2011 05:32PM

Thanks Tm...much appreciated (nm)

porthawkSeptember 25, 2011 06:26PM

Re: I need your vote!

porthawkSeptember 29, 2011 03:16PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login